Amber’s Story – Death from Baytril

In Honor of Beloved Best Friend

AMBER

12/23/2006- 8/22/2019

I am writing this to help others to be aware of the names of two dangerous, destructive synthetic poisons that an ‘emergency Veterinarian” used on my dog that caused rapid and irreversible damage to all of her systems right down to the mitochondrial DNA and resulted in destroying her health and ability to walk or even sit up in a very short time.

It has taken me a while to write this since she passed away from all of their damaging, painful devastating effects on 8/22/2019.  It wasn’t until I stayed with her in her final days and hours and took care of her, that it clicked to go online and check on their side effects, that I knew what had caused this horrific disabling pain and her death.  They are both dangerous fluoroquinolones with extensive black box warnings.  Their names, in our case were: 1. Baytril ( Endofloxin) and 2. Clindamycin.

Additionally, these were given in combination with two steroids which multiply the bad side effects of both drugs ( Dexamethasone- administered during surgery), and Prednisone, after surgery. I don’t know about you, but I never thought I should need to question a Veterinarian prior to surgery to ask every drug they intend to administer during surgery but in this case it would have done no good.  I now know that she has been using this lethal and permanently disabling and destructive combo ‘routinely’ on all surgery patients and others outpatient as well for over 20 years.

Sadly and ironically, I thought I had been aware of these dangerous synthetic poisons being promoted on humans under different names: Cipro ( Ciprofloxin), Levaquan and Avalox ( and more) and had fiercely protected her from being dispensed Cipro by two prior Veterinarians ( I refused them).   I had even discussed this with the Vet – so she knew I said “ No Fluoroquinolones” but she was deceitful and averted her shifty eyes from mine and used both anyways.

You can look up all the side effects yourself but to name a few- she had them all- including death, they were:  permanent and extensive nervous system damage, peripheral neuropathy, paralysis, limp rear legs, unable to walk up any incline, rapid deterioration of also her front legs, inability to lie down on her own and inability to eat.  In the end, I realized they- Clindamycin, especially caused her “ C. Difficile”- horrible, incurable, slimy diarrhea which is painful and like sludge only oozes and drips out forever ( she never had an unformed or inperfect poop every day of her whole, almost 13 years of life).

Also in the end, she had painful intracranial seizures as she neared her final breaths and succumbed to death in such horrific, painful fashion.  The seizures, I think were listed under Baytril side effects as well as inability to walk up any incline.  It was too late for me to save her, so I planned to write here to alert and hopefully save other pets.

Meanwhile, my other remaining dog had an emergency need for surgery and I took her to my trusted Veterinarian.  As he did the presurgery estimate and bloodwork, I happened to ask him what antibiotic he planned to use ( he only wrote ‘antibiotics’ on the estimate).  I was in shock when he answered “ Baytril ( Endofloxin)”.  I shook my head vehemently “ NO” and he, being reputable and honest and honoring the owner’s feelings, looked me in the eye and said “ No problem, we have other choices to use: Clavamox ( Amoxi based) or Keflex ( cephalexin).

I ok’d these and ended up bringing in left over Clavamox from my now deceased dog, so that was what was used.

From this, I realized how there was a reason to everything since if I had not witnessed all the devastation they caused, I wouldn’t have realized what they were and googled their side effects.

Also, if not for my first girl’s sacrifice ( Amber), I might have still not asked about antibiotic choice or even recognized what Baytril was!   I could have killed, lost or maimed my remaining dog.

So Amber saved my other dog,( her sister) from her fate. God Bless Her and hug her, R.I.P sweetheart.

Now that that surgery went well and she will make it to her suture removal appt this Monday, unlike Amber who passed away before hers, I feel finally able to write this to warn and hopefully save others.

The pharmaceutical companies are marketing these heavily and we need to protect ourselves and our beloved pets from their devastation and rapid destruction on every level.  I even read they now are pushing eardrops for children under age 4, called “ Ciprodex drops” and David Perlmutter, MD ( The Empowering Neurologist) further educates us as these are extremely neurotoxic, lethal drugs which do great neurological harm with each use.

I am in shock as to how many people ( and most Veterinarians as well as MDs) avidly defend their use, all the while minimizing or denying that they have damaging effects.  I hope and pray that our story can help others avoid these very destructive and permanently disabling drugs from hurting their beloved pets or themselves.  God Bless you all and please give your pets an extra hug for Amber tonight..   She is dearly missed, but finally out of pain, I know and trust.

** The story above is truthful, accurate and told to the best of the ability of the writer. It is not intended as medical advice. No person who submits his or her story, nor the people associated with www.fqwallofpain.com, diagnoses or treats any illness. The story above should not be substituted for professionally provided medical advice. Please consult your doctor before trying anything that has been mentioned in this story, or in any other story on this site. Please also note that people have varying responses to the treatments mentioned in each story. What helps one person may not help, and may even hurt, another person. It is important that you understand that supplements, IVs, essential oils, and all other treatments, effect people differently depending on the millions of variables that make each of us unique. Please use appropriate caution and prudence, and get professional medical advice.

Rest in Peace Chris Dannelly – Levaquin Poisoning

Chris FQWall

NOT to be used as a first line of defense.
Billion of dollars are spent every year on the damage these drugs cause ripping people lives apart.

Who Cares? Not Johnson and Johnson

In December 2012, the Dannelly family posed happily for their Christmas card photo blissfully unaware that it would be their last. One month later Levaquin changed their lives forever. Chris Dannelly (beloved husband and father), came down with a bad cold and went to see a doctor over the weekend. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and was given two pills of Levaquin. Unfortunately, he had an immediate adverse reaction to the fluoroquinolone antibiotics, and began experiencing excruciating limb pain.

Kathy Dannelly (Chris’s wife) took him to see their family physician the following Monday. At that time his doctor saw no sign of pneumonia, but it was too late, he had already taken two pills of Levaquin unnecessarily. The following day he had to be rushed to the emergency room at the John’s Creek, Georgia Emory location with increasing pain. They administered multiple doses of morphine to no avail…the pain never stopped.

Tragically, by Wednesday Chris coded and was charged 18 times in an attempt to save his life. He went into a coma and his death was officially called the following morning on January 17, 2013 at 8:15 am. After reviewing the autopsy report, doctors stated that “all signs point to Levaquin” as being the cause of death. Mr. Dannelly was survived by his loving wife Kathy of 12.5 years, his 7 year old son, and his 4 year old daughter. The last time his children saw him alive he was crying in a wheelchair in unbearable pain. Continue reading